I’d actually never heard of this award until Hafsa Baba nominated me for it, but I’m still very pleased! From the research I did, I found this –
It is an award for the loyal fan/commenter(s), whether the recipient is a fellow blogger or just someone who follows and comments/likes regularly.
It had some rules too which go as follows:
Display the Award Certificate on your blog
Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
Present the award to deserving bloggers
Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
So these are the bloggers that I’d like to give this award to, not only some of my favourite blogs but probably the faces I see most often in my notifications. So thanks to all of you, I really do appreciate your attention.
Gede Prama – who comments regularly but doesn’t seem to have a blog so there’s nothing I can link him to unfortunately
Now for the “7 interesting things” about me, which is always a difficult thing for me to do, since I don’t see myself as particularly interesting, but let’s give it a go…
1. I’m sure this is obvious from my posts recently, but I’m currently 13 weeks pregnant. It’s my first child. I was told I couldn’t have children, so when I saw the little blue plus sign on the pregnancy test it was a little bit of a shock! But it’s all very exciting and although it caused problems between me and my partner at first, we’re now closer than ever.
2. I’m a masochist.
3. I’m actually a very lonely person. I’ve never been a natural at making friends or talking to people I don’t know, it always takes quite a long time for me to feel comfortable around someone. I have my family, my boyfriend, one or two friends that I never see anymore, and everyone else I speak to is online. It’s much easier online, don’t you think?
4. I think that deep down I am a bad person. People disagree, obviously, but I have always felt that if I was truly open with myself, even I would be surprised with what I’m capable of.
5. I’m more than a little obsessed with William Shakespeare. I mean not only is he the most famous play-write in the world, as well as poet, he is also the most intriguing person! There’s very little anyone actually knows about him, obviously the documents from those days were mostly burnt and a lot of what we assume his life was like is based on theory and educated guesses. I love all of his works and anything about him.
6. I hate groups of people, but I also hate being alone.
7. None of my writing is ever good enough for me, but a friend told me I should still post it, as my standards are too high for anyone to achieve.